Lextech is growing and we’re looking for a solid java developer with Blackberry or Android experience. If you’re in the Chicago area (local candidates only please), are looking to be part of a team changing the way people use technology and fit the criteria below please contact us. Where else do you get to work on things like a rocket launcher control system, build a harbor video surveillance system, create the most elegant and advanced mobile apps available, or link mobile phones to GIS tracking systems?
This is NOT Java Web development.
- Think, design and then build (frequently used brain a must)
- Understand a customer’s requirements and big picture view of the system to be developed
- Develop quality software in multiple programming languages
- Perform detailed system designs
- Generate UML diagrams
- Quickly learn new technologies (concepts, tools, utilities) and be productive with them
- 2+ years hands on software development in Java
- 1+ year of Blackberry or Android mobile development
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with network connectivity (http, raw sockets or otherwise)
- Java Swing GUI development
- Objective C & iPhone development
- Systems level knowledge including scaling systems in multi-server environments, load testing, interfacing many disparate systems, fault tolerance & security is a plus
If you’d like to be a part of our team and are based in the Chicago Illinois area (no telecommuting please), send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. About 30% of our contracts for projects require US Citizenship. Please do not apply if you can not work on these projects.
Visit our Career page for other opportunities.