We are looking for two mobile app team tech leads: one to head up a new development team in Champaign, Illinois at the University of Illinois Research Park and one to join us at our headquarters in Lisle, Illinois. We need technologists who enjoy getting hands on with mobile app technical architecture, design and coding, along with setting the direction for a 4-6 person team. We expect our tech leads to lead by example, guide their team and mentor others to make sure projects get done. To be successful in this role, deep expertise in either iOS devices or Android development is a must.
- Think, design and then build (frequently used brain a must)
- Quickly learn new technologies (languages, operating systems, tools) and be productive with them
- Understand a customer’s requirements and big picture view of the system to be developed
- Architect and design cutting edge mobile apps
- Light project management
- Lead a tech team and deliver awesome apps
- Develop quality software in multiple programming languages
- Quickly identify and track down system bugs
Skills (must have)
- Objective C & iPhone development AND/OR Java & Android development
- GUI layout (we have UI designers but you need to be able to build it)
- Network connectivity (HTTP, raw sockets or otherwise) – The apps we build don’t just
- live on the device but reach out to other systems and hardware.
Other Software Skills (must have at least 1)
- Java (Java web stack OR Java Swing on the client side)
- PHP or C++
- MySQL, SQLServer or other SQL database
Systems Skills (great to have)
- Linux/Unix/Mac OS X/Windows – install, configure & make the server dance
- Troubleshoot network issues affecting software systems
- Scale a system from one server to hundreds
- Ethical hacking certification
If you’d like to be a part of our team, send your resume, answers to the questions below, and links to any applications you have developed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Our company culture is central to the success of every project. Explain how you demonstrate the Qualities Every Lextech Employee Needs. View these qualities on the Career page of our website. (http://lextech.com/careers)
- Please list your salary requirement & history.
- About 30% of our contracts for projects require US citizenship. Will you be able to work on these projects?
- Tell us about the highlights of your iPhone/Android mobile app development experience.
We can’t wait to meet you!