We are establishing a new development team based in Champaign at the University of Illinois Research Park. We’re building our first 4-6 person team of people who crave mobile technology as much as we do.
- Think, design and then build (frequently used brain a must)
- Quickly learn new technologies (languages, operating systems, tools) and be productive with them
- Understand a customer’s requirements and big picture view of the system to be developed
- Develop quality software in multiple programming languages
- Quickly identify and track down system bugs
Skills (must have)
- Objective C & iOS development AND/OR Java & Android development
- GUI layout (we have UI designers but you need to be able to build it)
- Network connectivity (HTTP, raw sockets or otherwise) – The apps we build don’t just live on the device but reach out to other systems and hardware.
Other Software Skills (must have at least 1)
- Java (Java web stack OR Java Swing on the client side)
- PHP or C++
- MySQL, SQLServer or other SQL database
Systems Skills (great to have)
- Linux/Unix/Mac OS X/Windows – install, configure & make the server dance
- Troubleshoot network issues affecting software systems
- Scale a system from one server to hundreds
- Ethical hacking certification
If you are based in the Champaign, IL area (no telecommuting) and would like to be a part of our team, send your resume, answers to the questions below, and links to any mobile applications you have developed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Our company culture is central to the success of every project. Explain how you demonstrate the Qualities Every Lextech Employee Needs. View these qualities on the Career page of our website. (http://lextech.com/careers)
- Please list your salary requirement & history
- About 30% of our contracts for projects require US citizenship. Will you be able to work on these projects?
- Tell us about the highlights of your iPhone/Android mobile app development experience.
We can’t wait to meet you!