Lextech President Will Scott appeared on James Beach’s School for Startups podcast a short time ago to talk Lextech’s unique approach, all things mobile, what drives Will, and what advice he has for aspiring entrepreneurs.
You should listen to the interview—Beach has some insightful questions—but key takeaways include:
- For businesses: choose the right apps instead of choosing the impressive apps.
- Return on App (ROA), Lextech’s version of ROI, is paramount in the app development process. Lextech is the only company that guarantees 100% ROA within a year.
- Lextech helps a company find the right apps by asking probing questions about a business, their customers, and their goals. We then hit the whiteboard, making suggestions around those goals, always focusing on opportunities, especially opportunities for process improvement, i.e., opportunities for cutting costs and increasing revenue.
- It’s very important for Lextech to walk in the client’s shoes, to see them doing their work. This is where a lot of ideas for process improvement come in. Groundbreaking ideas come from simple observations.
- Will Scott’s advice to aspiring entrepreneurs: follow your passion (despite Beach’s friendly challenge on this), set up the right steps and structures to help you get there, and work hard.
What do you think? Would you ever tell a client not to do something? Are passion and hard work enough to make it as an entrepreneur? What one piece of advice would you give to aspiring entrepreneurs?