Lextech Global Services CEO, Alex Bratton, was quoted in an article titled, “How To Hire A Great iPhone Developer” on The Business Insider website today.
The 11 page article outlines:
- what to consider before you start the app development process,
- where you should look for an app developer,
- what skills your app developer should have,
- how much app development costs, and
- how long development will probably take.
Check out Alex’s quotes below or view the article in its entirety on The Business Insider website.
“The key to success with iPhone and mobile apps is taking 5% of what might be possible in a desktop experience and focus on delivering that in a very easy to use app. That 5% must deliver real value to the end user or they’ll never launch it a second time,” according to Alex Bratton, of LexTech. He indicates three specific questions to consider before you sit down with an app developer:
1. What is the key benefit I want a user to get from using this app?
2. What other apps exist that are competitive and why will yours be different?
3. What is this app going to do for my business?
Bratton suggests steering clear of novice developers. “You don’t want to be someone’s first iPhone project, no matter how cheaply they’re willing to give it to you,” he says. “That learning curve will cost you time to market and your end product will be nowhere near as polished as an experienced team would provide.”
“You should plan on a couple of app update cycles as well, to add features and respond to user feedback and ideas,” adds Bratton.