We want to add a Design Lead to our team. A Design Lead brings value and leadership throughout the organization and will be expected to serve in the following areas:
How will we know this person is successful?
Looking back 18 months, these are the things that we would say the person in the role has accomplished.
• Solutions delivered meet user and stakeholder expectations
• The design contributes toward the achievement of project success metrics related to improvements in the user experience, measured via insights generated during the design process
• End users love our design, measured via qualitative feedback
• Lextech’s clients love working with them and trust their design input.
Day to Day Accountabilities
Every day, these are the things that the person in this role will do successfully:
• Provide leadership for the Lextech design team by conducting design reviews, ensuring best practices are followed consistently across the project – keep other designers on task and on goal, by providing feedback on their design.
• Provide leadership to client around design and user experience – build relationship with the client to understand all stakeholder needs: end users and other corporate stakeholders.
• Work as a member of the Lextech project leadership team to ensure overall project success.
• Work within the Lextech project team to raise issues around staffing, process, client risks, etc.
• Raise functional or stakeholder risks to the other project leaders for awareness.
Competencies / Characteristics Displayed
These are the characteristics that we look for in people who can effectively fill the role:
• Understand client’s business, processes, current system experience and business drivers that impact design decisions
• Comfortable being the point person for any design related questions, from either internal or external team members
• Helps everyone feel that their input is relevant and important
• Excellent communicator who is able to identify conflict between business stakeholders and user feedback who will then work with the team to find the best resolution to the conflict.
Lextech’s company culture also places a high value on innovation, accountability, open communication, a strong work ethic, and of course, fun! In addition to an intellectually challenging, close knit community, Lextech offers competitive health insurance benefits, 401k, etc.
If this sounds like the right match for you, send us your resume and list of 3 favorite apps and why to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.